& this is just a blog

Saturday 26 August 2017

JULYS MAKEUP HAUL


I'm a little late on posting this seen as though we are basically at the end of august, but don't let my poor organisation skills detract from the beautiful items that I purchased. This month we have a little bit of drug store and little high end. Brands include, Rimmel, Becca, Too Faced and Marc Jacobs. I want to kick start this review with the drugstore items and one of my favourite affordable brands Rimmel. I've seen the Kate Rimmel sculpting palette in stores for a while now but for one reason or another I never got around to buying it. That is obviously until now. I've been wearing this to work for pretty much a week solid. I really love the bronzer and I find the blush compliments it very well. I'm not too fussed on the highlight I find it a little weak for my tastes and it's a little light for my complexion. The major criticism of this palette would be the size. I wish that it was bigger, I really want to swirl a big fluffy blush in that bronzer with out dipping into the other two pans. However so far so good.


The other rimmel product I purchased is the Insta Duo Contour stick. I pretty much bought this for the dark cream contour shade, as I like the shape of the product. I think it will be perfect for precise contouring for example the nose. I'm a little bit blah about the highlight I wish it was just a lighter almost concealer shade instead of shimmery. I can't go into great detail as I haven't got around to trying it out yet. Before you get mardy I've been at work all week and I'm not about to contour for work. Ain't nobody got time for that.


My obsession at the moment is this Marc Jacobs High-Shine lip lacquer in the shade skin deep. It's a beautiful mauve barely there shade. I have had so many compliments about this when I've worn it. I love everything about this product from its applicator and packaging to its shade and consistency. Just a word of warning it's pretty pricey for a lipgloss I paid around $28 in Sephora. In my opinion worth every penny but I know that it is an ridiculous amount to pay for a lip product.


Another sephora purchase was a travel size Becca shimmering skin perfecter. I have been enjoying this product and its pretty but it reminds me of a lot of other liquid highlights that I own. I think considering Becca is usually hard to come by in the UK there are other equally as good alternative with similar colours and pay offs. For example this reminds me of Stilla's liquid highlight and Nars 413 illuminator. Verdict pretty but not revolutionary. However anyone wanting to purchase Cult beauty do stock Becca.


Saved the best for last. This is a repurchase of Too Faced's Better than sex mascara. I have the full sized and the water proof version of this but every time I come back to the travel sized one. I don't know why I just prefer the dainty brush. This mascara separates, lifts and adds volume to my lashes. It is honestly my holy grail, I have fallen in love with this product. Finding another mascara to knock it off its top position is going to be a hard task. So the conclusion of this post is if you are going to buy any of these the two stand out pieces are Too Faced's better than sex and the Marc Jacobs gloss! It's not often I find products that I flat out love and recommend whole heatedly so you know they have to be good!


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig