& this is just a blog

Thursday 17 August 2017

BLISSFUL BIBURY


The next destination on my adventure in the south is Bibury, which is a very picturesque village in Gloucestershire. It's part of the national trust and I'm pretty sure its clear as to why. So we arrived here at about two in the afternoon and after the discovery I had forgotten my sd card we did a quick u-turn and went to Cirencester in search of a store. It wouldn't be a day in my life if there was not some small kind of disaster. Usually I wouldn't be too upset about that kind of small mishap but I couldn't bare the thought of not photographing this amazing place. It reminds me of the hobbit, just because everything is so small and quaint. The shot above and below is of Arlington Row, these were built in 1380  but converted into weavers cottages in the 17th century. Its one of the most photographed scenes in the Cotswold's and its not hard to see why. 



The weather has been really lovely today, we've been really lucky the entire trip the only time it has rained has been during the night. We  made the most of the sun and had a little stroll around the town,  we even went to the trout farm. I wasn't too sure on feeding the trouts, they swarm as soon as food hits the water. They were thrashing all over the place, it reminded me a bit of piranhas. I'm not sure what would happen if you fell in... bares even thinking about! The farm itself was very pretty to walk around full of nice plants and trees, I enjoyed that a lot more than the terrifying trout. 


If anyone is curious my top and jeans are from misguided. Not trying to turn this into a fashion post but I bloody love this top. It was twenty Two quid and I'll link it here


Back to the place itself, I had a quick look around the grounds of the local church purely because this cute little sign caught my attention. For some reason It had me singing 'were going to the chapel and we're gonna get married' over and over in my brain. My brain works in weird ways. This was actually the gates to the grave yard, which was beautifully kept, its really odd to say but there is something so peaceful about a grave yard... well during the daylight anyway.


The church was lovely from the outside and was right next to a very quaint school. I love this path way with the roses either side, when they are in full bloom its would be magical. I'm getting serious wedding vibes from this place. Don't panic Nath not my own. I think I've fallen in love with this little village, it seems like the most perfect place on earth. Every ones house is beautiful, the gardens are taken care off and there's not one piece of litter in sight. It almost doesn't seem like a real place or that anyone would live here. One things for certain I am eternally jealous of those that do. 

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig