& this is just a blog

Monday 14 January 2019

Urban Decay On The Run


Last Friday I got the chance to get a little sneak preview of three brand new palettes launched by Urban Decay named the On the Run palettes. Pictured above is Bailout a lilac themed palette. The other palettes are Detour which is green themed and Shortcut which is blush themed. All the palettes contain four mattes and four shimmer shades and they are all inspired by the very coveted Born to Run palette (hence the name). It was a hard decision of which palette I wanted to buy and honestly at £24 a pop I nearly bought all three! Yet sanity prevailed and my bank card cried in relief as I only came home with the one little beauty.  These palettes will be officially in store come Tue 15th of Jan, I seriously recommend you go in and at least have a swatch!



The girlies at UD did a little demo for our group using the blush palette and the results were stunning. They created such a pretty look and the steps seemed pretty easy to replicate! It was great to see the shadows in action and how they complimented each other! I've inserted a little shot of the look below.


I actually learned a fair bit about Urban Decay that I didn't know before the event. They are consciously trying to become a vegan brand around 79% of their products are currently vegan but all are veggie and cruelty free. I also didn't know that they make the darkest black mascara on the market, its called perversion. Which I will most definitely be trying.

It's not a secret that I love UD. I've used their products for years infact my first ever eyeshadow palette was from UD, so it's an extremely nostalgic brand for me. It was a little bamboo palette with a swivel hinge and bright colours in, it was completely ahead of it's curve, no other brand was doing bold colours like UD. I still think that they are. They always produce bold and different colour stories and these three palettes are no different. The shades are wearable but they all have a daring shade to turn your look into something unique.

I'm just gonna pop a few pictures in from the event itself! Please let me know if you purchase one of these I'd love to know what you think / love to see what looks you create!


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig