& this is just a blog

Thursday 15 June 2017

DIOR FOREVER


I think it clear I'm a fan of Dior foundation, given by previous glowing review of the Nude Air foundation. Well that product inspired to take a look at a product that I raved about when I was younger. The Dior Forever foundation was my holygrail at about 16, expensive taste I know. I have a neutral skin tone which can be frustrating as many foundations can be either very pink or very yellow. Well my skin has both, which essentially means I can choose which way to go but it would be easier if they just made a flipping neutral tone foundation. Around this time of year, I would be around a shade 20 in this foundation, I am a shade 11 in the winter months and a shade 25 upwards if I have had sun exposure. Instead of purchasing three shades I just buy the two from either end of the spectrum and mix them to make a medium shade. Which not only saves me money but also creates a nice undertone as the 25 is very warm and the 11 is very cool.

Enough about my complex shade requirements and down to the nitty gritty: finish, longevity, price and packaging. Dior claims that this is a luminous matte finish and I have to agree. This is why I loved and still love this product because whilst I have oily skin and need a matte product I don't want my face to look flat and loose luminosity. Its a great semi-matte finish that doesn't succumb to oil. As I've sorta said in a roundabout way, it's great for combination skin, airing on the side of oily. I can't really say how it would act with dry skin as at the moment I don't have any patches, but if I do I will update.

Moving onto longevity, with a good primer I've seen this foundation still look nice after an 8 hour shift at work. On my worst no primer, super oily days I would say it lasts about 4-5 hours; that is worst case scenario though. Judging on how this preforms against other foundations, it probably doesn't last as long as my Mac studio fix but I would choose this finish over studio fix every time.

Dior is not a cheap brand, I mean its not up there with Tom Ford prices but its still more expensive than Mac but on par with the likes of Bobbi Brown and Nars. Its £35.00 for a 30ml bottle, they do have a £32 version with lower SPF but it only comes in 3 shades... I have no idea why. £35 can seem like a fair bit to pay considering how long 30mls last but in my opinion I think foundation is something you shouldn't cheap on. When you find the one you like, you better stick with it. In relation to the quality I think the price is justified, I haven't found a cheaper alternative that I like as much as this and therefore I'll shell out the dollar.

The packaging of Dior is always very luxurious with their glass bottles, which make any vanity table look smart as a dart. That being said the bottles really gripe me, mainly because you just can't get the last dregs of your foundation out, the pump does not detach and obviously you can't squeeze it out the glass. That's my only negative, for a high end price I would like to make use of every last drop.

Available at Boots: http://www.boots.com/beauty/makeup/face/foundation/dior-diorskin-forever-fluid-foundation-spf35-30ml

Debenhams: http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_123172088699_-1

Feel Unique: http://www.feelunique.com/p/DIORSKIN-Forever-Foundation-30ml

<div id="fb-root"></div>
<script>(function(d, s, id) {
  var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];
  if (d.getElementById(id)) return;
  js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id;
  js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_GB/sdk.js#xfbml=1&version=v2.9";
  fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);
}(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script>

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig