& this is just a blog

Monday 16 April 2018

Travelling Light.. is there such a thing?


I am not the kinda girl that travels light... I'm the kind of girl who takes a weekend bag with three outfit changes, seven makeup looks and three pairs of shoes for an overnight stay. That being said, I do appreciate travel sized products, mainly because the smaller the product the more I can bring! I'm pretty sure that isn't the point but you know what they say, if the shoe fits... buy it in every colour.

Anyway enough of me rationalising my spending habits, and more about travel sized products. Many brands do great travel options but the ones I find myself purchasing the most is usually benefit and MAC because they are so accessible. TooFaced mini's are pretty much only available on line so they are a bit harder to get hold off but also a good option. I also really like the Kat Von D travel options too.  I often get my benefit products at boots on 3 for £25 or I buy the gift sets around Christmas time because they tend to be better value for money and have super cute packaging. High Beam is my absolute essential, mainly because it can be worn on bare skin, on days when you need a little pick me up with minimal effort. My holiday day time look is usually suncream, high beam, mascara and lip balm. Mascara has to be TwoFaced better than sex mascara, which conveniently comes in a mini. I actually prefer travel mascaras, you use it up a lot quicker which means that the product is  a lot fresher. The smaller stem on the brush also means more control and as a bonus they are cheaper and sometimes even free... win win. My go to lip balm has to be Malibu, the coconut scent just reminds me of holidays and of course it contains the all important spf.

My night time looks are very different to my day time all natural beach vibes. I love getting dressed up to go out and when I'm abroad there is no exception. Even if we are just popping into the hotels all inclusive buffet, I will adorn skyscraper heels and enough makeup to make a drag queen blush. That was a bit of joke, I try to aim for a more glowy, radiant makeup look. Something that highlights my new tan and sun kissed freckled face. I try to bring with me glowy products so 'that gal' brightening primer is an ideal base for radiant skin. Usually I will bring MAC face and body along with me, once again it's dewy, light and also compact, making it travel friendly. I don't have a travel bronzer, so I just bring my bobbi brown one or occasionally my Chanel soleil de tan. But if you need it to be compact the Hoola mini from benefit is a great option. After bronzing I highlight with my high beam and then it's on to eyes. One of my favourite travel product is MAC's travel sized pigment in melon. Pigments last forever so even if you're not travelling I'd opt for the smaller size, its cheaper and it will still take you years to finish. I love the shade melon because it compliments a tan perfectly; it's described as a golden peach but in different lights it can look bronze, pink or even gold. Whichever reflect you happen to catch it's breathtaking and for the measly sum of £10 you can't go wrong. There are a wide range of shades in the pigments and they look really stunning as a pop of colour in the middle of the lid. For the rest of my eye look I usually take a palette than I'm loving recently to switch it up a bit, last year I took Modern renaissance everywhere. However if you want to reduce space taken up with makeup I think the Huda obsessions palettes are a good option, because the shade range is great yet the palette is so small. I also take my Kat Von D tattoo liner with me which is also available in travel size. Brows will always be done with my ABH dipbrow, I will never fall out of love with this product and it doesn't take up much space. For lips I will bring a good old nude, at the moment I've been liking this little travel sized sample from TooFaced I got in the shade birthday suit. I'll also just bring a red in case I feel like being dramatic usually Macs Rubywoo. Of course I finish it all of with a mini bottle of MACs fix plus.

I think it's pretty clear from the list I just rattled off I still take A LOT of makeup with me, but obviously you can condense the suggestions to your own requirements. I've had a lot of fun writing this post and I'm actually packing my makeup case for a holiday on Saturday. So this post has kinda helped me decided what products I will be taking....  Who am I kidding I'll probably just pack everything I own!

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig