& this is just a blog

Wednesday 7 February 2018

Homeware Haul

I might have previously mentioned that I am a little excited about moving out into my own home within the next year... Well phase one of excitement was pinteresting all my fabulous home decor dreams. After I had established what my style was, Phase two was to go out and purchase a few things a month and create a 'bottom draw' as my mother would call it. If you haven't heard that expression before it basically means buying things for your house and putting them away. I'm pretty confident I know my style so I've been collecting little pieces now and then; and I thought I'd share with you some of my finds. 


I'll start by saying that Laura Ashley is what my home decor dreams are made of. Modern country living is 110% my style. The downside to that being it's pretty pricey. Luckily for me I picked up a few little pieces in the sale. Pictured above matching bread bin and caddy. I have no idea what I will use the caddy for, but I really liked it, so I bought it. The caddy looks a little darker on photo but that's just because my studio light is washing out the bread bin (amateur). Anyway, I just thought that they were really nice simple and elegant pieces that I would happily place on my kitchen bench. These items are still available on Laura Ashley's site if you are interested. Cream Bread Bin Washing Caddy I have to say that Laura Ashley's delivery is a little to be desired, I paid around £4 and it took over a week to arrive. Which I don't really consider to be great service.


It might be rather transparent by now that I'm a bit obsessed with hedgehogs. I had to have the cups that matched my 'Hedgehug & kisses' cushion from Next and I also picked up these adorable lil' salt and pepper shakers from B&M bargains. I'm trying not to get over run with the hedgehog theme, so apart from the hedgehog shaped knife block that I have also bought, I'm leaving hedgehog items alone now. The coasters are grey and purple tartan from Laura Ashley in the sale, but unfortunately are sold out now, which sucks because I wanted the placemats too. The toast wrack, which might I say is the most pointless but fabulous purchase of 2018, is also from Laura Ashley. The little gold hen is what made me really want it, clearly I can't resist cute animals. The speckled rose gold flutes were  gift in a champagne bucket so I can't link those, but I had to include them as they fit with my theme so well. The tray is from Mary Berry's collection and was a bit of a splurge but I love the colour and the bird drawing in the centre. Lastly in this little collection is my tea towels which I picked up in pound land off all places, one thing I know is that tea towels get grubby and burnt straight away so don't buy expensive ones. These were a quid and they look super cute.


Last but not least the essentials! I love cooking so it's really important that my kitchens nice... that probably explains why everything I have bought is kitchen related. If your moving out, even if its for uni, Wilko's is your best friend. When it comes to good and cheap utensils, Wilko's has it from baking trays to garlic press' they have it all. I am trying my hardest not to go crazy and buy a ton of kitchen tech, who knows if I will resist the urge. I'll keep you updated on my little house haul mission, hope you liked what I picked up, I know not everyone can get excited over mugs and cheese graters as much as me!
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig