& this is just a blog

Thursday 25 May 2017

BETTER THAN SEX


Last December I tried my very first Too Faced eyeshadow palette and I fucking hated it. Every silver lining... it came with a mini version of the Better Than Sex mascara and I fell in love! After quickly using up the miniature version I decided to repurchase the full sized item. I hummed and harrred over whether to stick to the formula I've tried or to get the waterproof version and clearly the waterproof one swayed my vote.

Is there much of a difference? I did notice a difference in formulation between the two and I have to say I liked the original more. That being said I only tried the original in a small tube and that can also be a contributing factor as it effects the brush size etc. Don't get me wrong this is still a really great mascara that I will continue to use religiously, I just liked the pink one more. The wand separated the lashes lovely and coats every lash, at the same time it doesn't make the lashes look sparse and certainly creates volume. Both formulations seem to achieve the same end result which is fabulous lashes. My only gripe is that the water proof one seems a wetter consistency, it drys super fast but I feel like the original was dryer and therefore easier to plump the eyelashes with by applying multiple coats. I often seem to get this on my lids when applying, something I never found from the original.

However, when this sucker drys down it drys down. I can testify that this is super waterproof, to the extent that I could shower and as long as I did not purposefully rub in an attempt to remove it, it would be intact when I got out. That being said its a bitch to get off, don't even think twice about baby wipes and micellar water. You need industrial strength shit for this. Something oil based that's gonna strip away that makeup. I find that MAC and Clinique make the best eye makeup removers for really stubborn makeup.  I recommend the Pro eye makeup Remover by Mac  or the Take the Day Off by clinique .

Essentially is you want separated but full lashes that almost look wispy Better than Sex mascara is for you BUT stick to the original formula unless you straight up know you need waterproof protection. This will be coming on holiday with me but I'ma go buy the original for everyday use.

Available at Debenhams Online and at certain stores for £19.00

Waterproof: http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_154614110899_-1

Original: http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_154614000099_-1


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig