& this is just a blog

Wednesday 10 May 2017

AFFORDABLE FACE PRODUCTS HAUL


Recently I've been trying out more drugstore items. I know in the past I have been a bit of a makeup snob and kept it high end, so this is something very different for me. I want my blog to be more inclusive and its also a great way for me to break out of habits and try new things. Not to mention that April has been the most expensive month EVER. Forking out for a new car 'cause mine kicked the bucket, saving for a holiday and some major vet bills has left me a little bit poor.

Right now luxury makeup is just way out of my price range, so what a great excuse to try some new things and really get to grips with more affordable makeup. So recently I have picked up two products from Revlon, one product from Maybelline and one from Rimmel. One of these items is a repurchase and a firm favourite of mine and that is the Maybelline The Eraser Eye Perfect and Cover Concealer. I use the shade light, this is my third or fourth repurchase of this item. It's a really nice yellow toned concealer, I find it blends out very well and has minimal creasing. I also really love the sponge applicator, it disperses the right amount of product, feels very soft on the skin and its so easy to slap on. Plus its only £7.99
http://www.boots.com/beauty/makeup/face/concealer-correctors/maybelline-eraser-eye-concealer

Despite loving the Maybelline concealer, I wanted to try another from a different brand. I chose the Revlon Colorstay concealer based on both the price and shade. I bought the colour 03 light medium. It's a really nice tone not too yellow or pink perfect for neutral/ olive skin like mine. I've tried this as a spot concealer and under eye and as much as I like the product I find it slightly too thick for my under eye. I have still been using it to highlight the under eye region but I don't take it right under the eye as I find it creases too easily. Not a terrible concealer by any stretch, I'll use it all but I think that in the future I'll skip it. £6.99 available here: http://www.boots.com/revlon-colorstay-concealer-10153774

Second Revlon product is the Insta-fix Highlighting stick in the shade 210 Gold Light. I picked this up because the colour of this is stunning. The consistency is almost cream  to powder and it drys down super fast, which can make it difficult to blend out. So you could end up with just lines on your cheekbones if your not careful. I've mainly placed it on my nose, cupids bow and brow bone. I've tried it on the cheekbones and its not really for me, but I have enjoyed dabbing small amounts on to the apples of my cheeks for a little glow. You can get great results with the product its just a case of application, I wouldn't apply it like a stick, but when used with a sponge or brush it applied very nice. I will be keeping and using it however once again not the best highlighter its more a case of formula not colour with this one. £9.99 http://www.boots.com/revlon-photoready-insta-fix-highlighting-stick-10218589

Last but not least is the Good to Glow by Rimmel. This is a liquid highlighter/ illuminator, basically this can be used to highlight the face or you could add drops to your foundation or bb cream to give a more glow finish. I have tried both and had mixed results, I enjoy the finish it gives when mixed with my BB cream but it didn't agree very well with my super oily complexion. I found that on days I mixed with my foundation, were days my makeup faded quicker and I produced more oil. As a highlight it was really nice on my collar bones and shoulders. I would most likely take this away with me when I'm a little more tan and use it as a body shimmer. One thing I love about this product is the smell its got a coconut and vanilla like scent, very holiday appropriate. It is only £4.99 and comes in three shades, I picked up soho glow, the darker of the three. http://www.boots.com/rimmel-london-good-to-glow-highlighter-10193032

I would say it was a semi successful haul, nothing bowled me over but everything I will definitely use up and all worth the price paid! I am still going to continue my search for some mind blowing drug store finds that will worm their way into my daily routine. As of yet the Eye eraser is the only one to knock my socks off, but there are still plenty of products to try out so who knows maybe ill end up with a bag full of drugstore products. Im skeptical but who knows!


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig