& this is just a blog

Sunday 12 February 2017

Sephora Shopping Haul



Monday to Thursday of this week, I spent my days exploring the streets and shops of Barcelona. Although I am a little sad to be back, I am also very excited to share with you some of my purchases and maybe some holiday snaps in another post. It would have been a great sin for me to have visited Barcelona and to not pop into Sephora, much to my boyfriends dismay.  Don't expect big bucks splashed as this was a 'budget break', but I picked up a few cute things. I pretty much rushed my way through the store because I was afraid to look too closely, in fear of causing my bank balance irreparable damage. The last time I was in Sephora, I was 8 and in  Italy; I didn't really appreciate makeup too much then but now it has my full attention.


From stepping in the door, I knew I wanted a few of the Sephora face masks, I've heard good things and I find the packaging adorable. I picked up the pearl face mask for perfecting and brightening and the rose face mask for moisturising and brightening. I think these were a few euro each, not much at all. In retrospect I wish I had stocked up. I'm excited to try these out, but also nervous I'll love them and end up paying ridiculous shipping for a bulk buy of face masks...


Sephora carries lots of mini, sort of travel sized items. Which is brilliant for trying out new things, but also a bugger for me because I'm a sucker for this kinda shit and just wanted to buy everything. I gave my self a sharp pep talk and was very strict about what I would allow my self to buy. I have been curious about Dr.Jart+ for a while, whilst available in the UK the product range is limited and not heavily stocked my major retailers. I picked up a little gift set of three things, a hydrating moisturiser, BB cream and a micro water. This came in a nice pastel coloured box but I had to ditch it due to suitcase space issues. This caught my eye as I thought it would be a nice into to the brand and it was only €10. I tried out the BB cream whilst I was over there, and it seems nice a good colour for my skin, light coverage and it has high SPF. I am more likely to use this in the summer when I'm a little more tan and my skins clearer. The moisturiser seemed very hydrating, nice and thick consistency and a little went  a long way. I'm going to continue to use this before I pass judgement, likewise with the micro water. Overall for ten euro I don't think it's a bad little set for travelling. I also picked up a mask from Dr.Jart+, It's a pink clay mask that turns into a foaming cleanser when you wash it off. I love multipurpose products and I am very excited to give this a go and write a full review.

Glamglow is a product that has had my curiosity but never enough to make me fork out that much money for a mask. I am more than willing to pay out for something that really works but now and then taking a punt with fifty quid is too much. So when I saw a mini sample pot for €10 I thought what a great way to try before I buy the full size. This is the youth mud tingle exfoliate treatment. It's a mask that creates a tingling effect when applied and when washed off exfoliates the skin. I am yet to give it ago, mainly because that was tonight's plan but the pipes have decided to freeze and I have no running water... The perils of a country girl.


I told myself to only purchase things I can't get back home but the Kat Von D stand was too tempting. I know you can get Kat Von D in the UK but I haven't seen it on a stand where I could try the products.  So I was happily swatching away and it got the better of me. I ended up purchasing the tattoo liner in Trooper which is the black shade and the liquid lipstick in Bow and Arrow. I have worn these religiously since purchasing these and I will be purchasing much more from her range minus the skin products because her foundation was way too heavy for me. The liner is like a felt tip, its so sharp and precise and very easy to control. The line is also very pigmented, if you are a fan of winged liner (I mean who isn't but) you need this. It has great control, jet black and so sharp. The lip colour is very nice and the formulation isn't too drying but drys down quickly. I wouldn't say its smudge proof, but it deffo has staying power, more so that other liquid lipsticks. I'm really excited to get some more shades and even do some mixing and see what colours I can make. Once again I would recommend this highly, pretty sure they are available on Debenhams website and maybe in some stores but just not Newcastle..

Hope you have enjoyed my little haul, I'm loving everything I have used so far and I can't wait to update you on the other purchases when I have made a solid opinion! Thanks for reading.

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig